Handcuffed Fla. man opened car door, escaped
Ridgh Genesis Achille, 19, escaped after complaining he was claustrophobic and couldn't breathe
ALTAMONTE SPRINGS, Fla. — Police in central Florida say a man who was handcuffed somehow managed to open a police cruiser's door and escape after complaining he was claustrophobic and couldn't breathe.
Altamonte Springs police say the officer had opened the windows slightly for 19-year-old Ridgh Genesis Achille, who had been arrested Friday night on a shoplifting charge. On the way to the jail, the man somehow opened the door from the outside and took off running.
The Orlando Sentinel reports that officers, police dogs and even a helicopter were still trying to find Achille on Saturday morning.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Bizarre Beat
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house