Cops chase Amish boy in horse and buggy
Levi E. Detweiler, 17, was charged with alcohol possession and 'overdriving an animal'
LEON, NY — An Amish teen was charged with alcohol possession and "overdriving an animal" after crashing a horse and buggy while fleeing police in New York, officials say.
Cattaraugus County sheriff's deputies allege Levi E. Detweiler, 17, ran a stop sign 1:30 a.m. July 12 and refused officers' commands to stop his buggy, The Buffalo (N.Y.) News reported Monday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Cops chase Amish boy in horse and buggy
- Bizarre Beat
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman