Masked robbers steal millions in St. Louis heist
Authorities found the armored van about 90 minutes later less than two miles away
By Jim Suhr
ST. LOUIS – Four armed bandits clad from head to toe in black overpowered two workers at an ATM-servicing business Monday, then used an armored vehicle to haul away possibly millions of dollars in a well-orchestrated heist.
Neither of the employees at the ATM Solutions Inc. holdup in St. Louis' theater district was harmed by the masked suspects, St. Louis police Capt. Michael Caruso said.
The robbers subdued the workers with duct tape and locked them inside the vault after the raid, Caruso said. Some media outlets reported that the robbers made off with $4 million and $5 million. Caruso said he had no immediate details of how much was taken.
Read more on Yahoo! News.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police