Armed suspect shot dead by police in Philly
The officer "caught up to the suspect, who refused to show his hands," and then fired his 9mm Glock
By Robert Moran
PHILADELPHIA — An armed male was shot and killed by police during a foot pursuit in the city's Frankford section Thursday night, police said.
Police in the 15th District responded to reports of a person with a gun and gunfire in the area of Bridge and Charles Streets, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Armed suspect shot dead by police in Philly
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court