Armed suspect shot dead by police in Philly
The officer "caught up to the suspect, who refused to show his hands," and then fired his 9mm Glock
By Robert Moran
PHILADELPHIA — An armed male was shot and killed by police during a foot pursuit in the city's Frankford section Thursday night, police said.
Police in the 15th District responded to reports of a person with a gun and gunfire in the area of Bridge and Charles Streets, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Armed suspect shot dead by police in Philly
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic