Facebook argument turns into police chase
The girl and her mother sent a threatening text message and then showed up armed with a gun
By PoliceOne Staff
Houston, Texas — An online spat turned into a police pursuit after one of the girls involved sent the other a threatening text message.
The message to the 17-year-old Texas girl said that she would be “handled tomorrow.”
The next day, the girl and her mother showed up armed with a gun. When one of the girls dropped the weapon, the 17-year-old picked it up and took it to police, who determined that it was stolen.
The mother of the suspect fled in her car when police arrived, initiating the pursuit. Police eventually caught her and booked her.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic