Facebook argument turns into police chase
The girl and her mother sent a threatening text message and then showed up armed with a gun
By PoliceOne Staff
Houston, Texas — An online spat turned into a police pursuit after one of the girls involved sent the other a threatening text message.
The message to the 17-year-old Texas girl said that she would be “handled tomorrow.”
The next day, the girl and her mother showed up armed with a gun. When one of the girls dropped the weapon, the 17-year-old picked it up and took it to police, who determined that it was stolen.
The mother of the suspect fled in her car when police arrived, initiating the pursuit. Police eventually caught her and booked her.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds