Spike strips and sound strategy end Idaho pursuit
Idaho Falls cops used thermal imaging devices to observe an armed and apparently-suicidal 42-year-old man hiding in the snow before he led cops on a high-speed chase
By Rachel Cook
Idaho Falls Post Register
An Idaho Falls man allegedly led officers from four law enforcement agencies on a high-speed car chase Sunday morning.
The Clark County Sheriff's Office received a call from the Idaho Falls Police Department on Sunday, warning that Bruce Diehl, 42, was suicidal and heading to a spot where his friend collected firewood in the cottonwoods area of Clark County, according to a news release from Clark County Sheriff Bart May.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman