Oakland cops kill gun-wielding man after chase
Man emerged from a car that officers had chased at high speeds
By Matthai Kuruvila and Justin Berton
The San Francisco Chronicle
OAKLAND — Oakland police shot and killed a gun-wielding man Wednesday after he emerged from a car that officers had chased at high speeds for 10 minutes through East Oakland streets.
After the vehicle crashed at the intersection of 85th Avenue and San Leandro Street, a second person in the car, the driver, was captured after a short foot chase, police spokesman Capt. Ersie Joyner said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Oakland cops kill gun-wielding man after chase
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman