Officers in Fla. crash identified, 2 released from hospital
The Boynton Beach Police Department has identified the 3 officers who crashed while seeking burglary suspects
By PoliceOne Staff
BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. — The Boynton Beach Police Department has identified the three officers injured after crashing into a concrete pole.
Officer Rachel Loy was in the driver’s seat, Officer George Baldino was next to her and Officer Clayton Harris was behind them, according to WPTV. The officers were seeking three burglary suspects when their vehicle crashed into a concrete pole, which fell on top of the cruiser.
The department said Harris has been released from the hospital, but both Loy and Baldino are still being treated. Their conditions were not released.
Michael Hollis, 17, and Cheado Ceance, 18, were arrested and charged in connection with the burglary.
Shotguns, .22 caliber rifles, and ammunition were reportedly stolen, according to the homeowner.
Police are still looking for the third suspect.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help