Video: NM cops take down repeat offender
Police reportedly shouted orders for half an hour before firing beanbag rounds
By PoliceOne Staff
SANTA FE, N.M. — Dash cam shows a suspect with 33 prior arrests add another to his list.
In 33-year-old David Bourassa’s latest confrontation with police, he threatened cops who received a call about a suspect armed with a knife outside a Santa Fe supermarket, KRQE reported.
Police reportedly shouted orders at Bourassa for half an hour before firing beanbag rounds to take him into custody. On dash cam, he is seen running into a nearby field in an attempt to flee.
"On two occasions, the male turned and pointed his fingers as if he was making a motion of a gun," Santa Fe Police Department Deputy Chief William Johnson said.
"The bean bag grazed the suspect's leg, and he continued to run and later slipped and fell," Johnson said. "The officers put him into custody without further incident."
He was booked in jail and charged with resisting and obstructing. Police never found a weapon.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests