Calif. parolee rams car during police chase, kills driver
A Concord officer attempted to pull over the driver of the pickup for a cell phone violation
By Rick Hurd
San Jose Mercury News
CONCORD, Calif. — One person was killed when a high-speed police chase through a residential neighborhood ended in a crash near the intersection of Highway 242 and Grant Street Tuesday afternoon.
Police released few official details about what precipitated the chase, but witnesses told Bay Area News Group that a white pickup truck plowed into a black BMW on Solano Way near the Highway 242 onramp.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy