Calif. parolee rams car during police chase, kills driver
A Concord officer attempted to pull over the driver of the pickup for a cell phone violation
By Rick Hurd
San Jose Mercury News
CONCORD, Calif. — One person was killed when a high-speed police chase through a residential neighborhood ended in a crash near the intersection of Highway 242 and Grant Street Tuesday afternoon.
Police released few official details about what precipitated the chase, but witnesses told Bay Area News Group that a white pickup truck plowed into a black BMW on Solano Way near the Highway 242 onramp.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court