GPS system in taxi helps police nab cab thief
Three officers suffered minor injuries
By Allison Horton and Lisa Donovan
CHICAGO — The keys in the ignition, a thief made off with an empty cab Sunday morning parked outside a Gold Coast coffee shop. But thanks to equally convenient GPS technology he didn't get too far.
Just after 7:30 a.m., the cab's driver flagged down an officer at Division and Dearborn to report his taxi had been stolen.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: GPS system in taxi helps police nab cab thief
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help