GPS system in taxi helps police nab cab thief
Three officers suffered minor injuries
By Allison Horton and Lisa Donovan
CHICAGO — The keys in the ignition, a thief made off with an empty cab Sunday morning parked outside a Gold Coast coffee shop. But thanks to equally convenient GPS technology he didn't get too far.
Just after 7:30 a.m., the cab's driver flagged down an officer at Division and Dearborn to report his taxi had been stolen.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: GPS system in taxi helps police nab cab thief
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds