Reserve nabs suspect in Calif. arsons
A part-time reserve deputy spotted Harry Burkhart around 3 a.m. Monday
By Barbara Jones and Susan Abram
Long Beach Press-Telegram
HOLLYWOOD, Calif. — A 24-year-old man was in custody Monday in connection with a four- day arson spree across Hollywood and the San Fernando Valley that caused nearly $3 million in damage to vehicles and buildings and sparked widespread fear among residents, officials said.
Harry Burkhart, who police say lives in an apartment in Hollywood, was spotted and pulled over by a part-time reserve deputy, outside a drugstore around 3 a.m. Monday near Sunset Boulevard and Fairfax Avenue in West Hollywood.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Reserve nabs suspect in Calif. arsons
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house