Man charged in fatal crash during S.C. police chase
The Associated Press
Greenville, N.C.- Police say a man who led officers on a chase that ended in a fatal crash has been charged with 10 counts of failure to stop for a blue light.
Deputies began chasing a white sports utility vehicle after a hit-and-run was reported to the Highway Patrol on Saturday. Investigators said the vehicle was driving erratically and riding on three flat tires.
The SUV crashed into a county van carrying older residents on an outing then hit a car driven by 44-year-old Antonio Mijangos-Canela of Greenville, who died of a severe brain injury. Ten people in the van were injured.
Investigators say Taylor was thrown from his SUV and trapped beneath it when it overturned in the crash. He remained in intensive care at Greenville Memorial Hospital Monday.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests