DC officer struck by driver on parkway
The Associated Press
Sergeant Scott Fear says the officer was riding on a motorcycle southbound on the parkway when he was struck by a vehicle around 12:45 p.m. The officers injuries are being described as serious, but non-life threatening.
The other driver was uninjured in the crash and is cooperating with park police.
Fear says the parkway has been shut down in both directions while authorities continue to investigate the crash.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house