DC officer struck by driver on parkway
The Associated Press
Sergeant Scott Fear says the officer was riding on a motorcycle southbound on the parkway when he was struck by a vehicle around 12:45 p.m. The officers injuries are being described as serious, but non-life threatening.
The other driver was uninjured in the crash and is cooperating with park police.
Fear says the parkway has been shut down in both directions while authorities continue to investigate the crash.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court