Three men charged with shooting at Tenn. police during chase
The Associated Press
No officers were seriously injured in the chase Tuesday morning, despite four cruisers being riddled with bullets.
A motorist was struck in the arm by a bullet during the chase, but the wound was not critical. Police yesterday 26-year-old Phu Pham, 20-year-old Qui Pham and 22-year-old Victor Bach.
All three face seven counts each of attempted first-degree murder. Phu Pham, the driver of the vehicle, also faces a charge of evading arrest.
The chase started after a police officer spotted a Honda pickup truck near a store in Cordova where several burglaries had recently taken place. When the officer pulled the truck over, police said the occupants of the car opened fire with an AR-15 rifle before fleeing.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman