Video: Fatal end to police chase
Hayden man says recording calls official account of shooting into question
By Meghann M. Cuniff
A homeowner says his surveillance video brings into question the official account of why law enforcement shot and killed a North Idaho fugitive three weeks ago, though police warn against drawing too many conclusions from the footage because it captures just a portion of the chaotic 20-minute chase and final encounter.
Video from a home in the Hayden cul-de-sac where Justin Earl Nicholas Todd, 33, was cornered by police shows a Post Falls officer apparently firing at Todd as the fleeing felon tried to drive past the officer. The officer nearly slipped on the icy road before steadying himself and firing several more shots.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Video: Fatal end to police chase
- Use of Force
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman