Calif. man door-slams K-9's head during arrest
A pursuit, crash and K-9 deployment ended in man taken into custody
By Steven Barrie
The Press Enterprise
RIVERSIDE, Calif. — A Quail Valley man was arrested this past weekend after he led Corona police officers in two pursuits and then injured a police dog in his attempt to escape.
Timothy Edward Busby, 41, a probationer, was booked into the Presley Detention Center in Riverside for investigation of reckless driving while evading a peace officer, second-degree burglary, harming a dog used by a police officer and probation violation, the Corona Police Department said in a news release.
Busby's bail was set at $100,000, jail records indicate.
About 11:40 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 8, an officer patrolling a Corona shopping center saw a man running across the parking lot carrying an item he could not identify, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. man door-slams K-9's head during arrest
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms