Crash with stolen patrol car hospitalizes 4
Man accused of stealing the car was taken from the scene in serious condition
By McKenzie Romero
The Deseret Morning News
SALT LAKE CITY — A severe accident involving a stolen police car Sunday left four people hospitalized, including the suspect, and sparked three police investigations. Gary Keller, executive officer for the South Salt Lake Police Department, said the man accused of stealing the car was taken from the scene in serious condition.
His name will not be released until he can be booked into jail. The suspect is from Arizona and is about 20 years old, Keller said. The theft occurred at the Flying J at 2100 S. 900 West about 3 a.m. Sunday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Crash with stolen patrol car hospitalizes 4
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police