2 killed when Calif. shooting suspect crashes
The suspect broadsided another vehicle during the chase, killing a passenger and a pedestrian
SAN FRANCISCO — Police say two people were killed and another injured when a shooting suspect fleeing police slammed into another vehicle that then hit a pedestrian in San Francisco.
Police identified the suspect on Wednesday as 19-year-old David Morales of San Francisco. Police say he is a convicted felon and a gang member.
Police spokesman Gordon Shyy says police tried to pull over Morales on Tuesday morning after he shot at three people from a car at a housing complex. None of the three was wounded.
As police approached, the car sped off and broadsided a Toyota.
A female passenger in the Toyota was killed. A pedestrian struck by the Toyota also died.
The Toyota's driver has been upgraded from critical to serious condition.
Morales was booked on suspicion of murder and attempted murder. Shyy did not know whether he had an attorney.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman