Cops nab kidnapping suspect after high-speed chase
Eastern Arizona Courier
SAFFORD — A Safford man faces numerous charges after crashing a stolen car during a high-speed chase with officers early Friday morning.
Juan Clamente Ramirez Jr., 33, of Safford was arrested and booked into the Graham County Jail on charges that include kidnapping, burglary, theft of means of transportation, interfering with judicial proceedings, stalking, criminal damage, possession of a narcotic drug and multiple drug warrants. Forthcoming charges from the Graham County Attorney's office could also include several traffic violations, felony flight from law enforcement, reckless driving, DUI and/or DUI-drug pending blood test results, according to Safford Police Chief John Griffin.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman