Cops nab kidnapping suspect after high-speed chase
Eastern Arizona Courier
SAFFORD — A Safford man faces numerous charges after crashing a stolen car during a high-speed chase with officers early Friday morning.
Juan Clamente Ramirez Jr., 33, of Safford was arrested and booked into the Graham County Jail on charges that include kidnapping, burglary, theft of means of transportation, interfering with judicial proceedings, stalking, criminal damage, possession of a narcotic drug and multiple drug warrants. Forthcoming charges from the Graham County Attorney's office could also include several traffic violations, felony flight from law enforcement, reckless driving, DUI and/or DUI-drug pending blood test results, according to Safford Police Chief John Griffin.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court