Video: Man runs from police using 15 mph moped
The man, who was unqualified to drive, claims he panicked when he saw police, and made a run for it
By Geoff Bennett
BRISTOL, United Kingdom — A moped rider who failed to outrun a pursuing police helicopter and patrol cars has been handed a suspended jail term. Disqualified driver James Phillips bought the 50cc Piaggio for £200, rode it without insurance and panicked when he saw police, Bristol Crown Court heard.
He led them on a low-speed, doomed-to-failure chase around Southmead before stopping and declaring: "It's a fair cop."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Video: Man runs from police using 15 mph moped
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Lawmaker says anti-cop Capitol painting is coming down
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Federal prosecutors won't charge SC deputy in viral video incident
- Can Baltimore's police reform deal survive Trump's DOJ?
- Fla. airport shooting highlights nexus between mentally ill, cops