Philly man firing gun in crowd led to pursuit, police shooting
An officer shot 1 suspect in the arm as he fled; all 3 suspects were arrested
BY Morgan Zalot and Derrick Moore
The Philadelphia Daily News
PHILADELPHIA — Blaring sirens, gunfire and the sound of helicopters rocked Center City late Thursday night after a chance encounter between police and a shooting suspect led to a wild chase that culminated with a cop opening fire on a man.
"I wanted to peek my head out, but I thought something pretty bad was going on outside," said Andrew Westerhaus, 35, who lives a few blocks from where police say the chase ended near 24th and Locust streets.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house