Woman's crime spree: 2 stolen cruisers, 1 hit officer
The woman and her accomplice jumped into the first cruiser during an unrelated traffic stop, striking the officer as they sped off
PHILADELPHIA — The woman accused of stealing multiple police cars from two cities and leading authorities on a high speed chase through two states Tuesday morning, has been identified by law enforcement sources as Shayna Sykes.
Camden Police Chief John S. Thomson tells NBC10's Cydney Long a Camden officer made a traffic stop at 9:49 a.m., directly in front of Camden Police Headquarters at 800 Federal Street, when the incident began.
Thompson says that's when the Camden police officer saw two people, a woman and man, jump into his cruiser and strike him before driving off.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court