Woman's crime spree: 2 stolen cruisers, 1 hit officer
The woman and her accomplice jumped into the first cruiser during an unrelated traffic stop, striking the officer as they sped off
PHILADELPHIA — The woman accused of stealing multiple police cars from two cities and leading authorities on a high speed chase through two states Tuesday morning, has been identified by law enforcement sources as Shayna Sykes.
Camden Police Chief John S. Thomson tells NBC10's Cydney Long a Camden officer made a traffic stop at 9:49 a.m., directly in front of Camden Police Headquarters at 800 Federal Street, when the incident began.
Thompson says that's when the Camden police officer saw two people, a woman and man, jump into his cruiser and strike him before driving off.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman