Video: Ore. police pursue semi-truck driving wrong way
The driver was charged with DUI, criminal mischief and reckless driving after crashing into another vehicle
By Teresa Blackman
PORTLAND — A semi-truck driver who allegedly went the wrong way for several miles on Interstate 84 and Interstate 205 early Monday morning before eventually crashing head-on into a car on the Glenn Jackson Bridge has been arrested, police said. No one was seriously injured in the crash.
The driver of the car, Katherine Emerson, 24, of Vancouver, was rushed to Southwest Washington Medical Center where she was treated and released. The driver of the semi-truck was treated at the scene and then later arrested, police said. Kenneth Eugene Burgess, 49, of Medical Lake, Wash., was charged with DUII, criminal mischief and reckless driving. His bail was set at $10,000.
After the truck reached the Glenn Jackson Bridge, it crashed into the oncoming car and came to a stop on the north side of the bridge, Simpson said. Emerson's car was totaled and a patrol car was seriously damaged by flying debris.
- Police Videos
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy