Video: Suspect shot dead, found with finger on trigger
The man fled SWAT after stealing items, then firing at police as he ran
By PoliceOne Staff
ALBUQUERQUE — Infrared video shows a suspect running from a SWAT unit, firing at police before he is fatally shot. As police approached they discovered the lifeless man with his finger still on the trigger.
Parish Dennison, 41, ran from and shot at authorities from a rooftop, after allegedly stealing several items, according to KOAT.
Helicopter cameras caught Dennison hiding in a bush before deciding to flee, when police fired.
“He then fell to the ground, (and) continued to refuse officers' commands. He had the gun in his hand. His finger on the trigger,” Albuquerque Police Department’s former Chief Ray Schultz said.
The district attorney’s office is reviewing the shooting to decide if any of the three officers who shot Dennison will face criminal charges, according to the article.
- Police Videos
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert