Video: Suspect shot dead, found with finger on trigger
The man fled SWAT after stealing items, then firing at police as he ran
By PoliceOne Staff
ALBUQUERQUE — Infrared video shows a suspect running from a SWAT unit, firing at police before he is fatally shot. As police approached they discovered the lifeless man with his finger still on the trigger.
Parish Dennison, 41, ran from and shot at authorities from a rooftop, after allegedly stealing several items, according to KOAT.
Helicopter cameras caught Dennison hiding in a bush before deciding to flee, when police fired.
“He then fell to the ground, (and) continued to refuse officers' commands. He had the gun in his hand. His finger on the trigger,” Albuquerque Police Department’s former Chief Ray Schultz said.
The district attorney’s office is reviewing the shooting to decide if any of the three officers who shot Dennison will face criminal charges, according to the article.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court