Police release thermal imaging video of bombing suspect’s capture
The three-minute long video shows Tsarnaev hiding under a plastic cover in a boat in at a residence in Watertown
By Marc Santora and Willian K. Rashbaum
The New York Times Blogs
BOSTON — The Massachusetts State Police released new video showing the final moments of Friday night's standoff with Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, before he was taken into custody.
The three-minute long video, which shows images captured with thermal imaging technology, shows Mr. Tsarnaev hiding under a plastic cover in a boat in at a residence in Watertown, Mass., and, later, a robotic arm attached to a vehicle being used to pull the tarp back.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Actor Tom Hanks is on the beat, flagging car for police