Video: Suspect’s wild pursuit ends in slippery police dogpile
The driver of a stolen can hit at least a dozen vehicles, including several cruisers, and was tackled later on foot
SOUTH LOS ANGELES — The driver of a stolen van Tuesday struck several vehicles — including police patrol cars — during a wild high-speed chase through South Los Angeles.
The driver, who will be charged with assault with a deadly weapon, also broadsided an SUV at New England and Washington. He then continued to strike other vehicles in the Exposition Park area, hitting at least a dozen vehicles in all.
He then got out of the vehicle at Vermont and 43rd Street and ran through the street with a satchel, until he fell. Police were then able to apprehend him.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help