Video: Suspect’s wild pursuit ends in slippery police dogpile
The driver of a stolen can hit at least a dozen vehicles, including several cruisers, and was tackled later on foot
SOUTH LOS ANGELES — The driver of a stolen van Tuesday struck several vehicles — including police patrol cars — during a wild high-speed chase through South Los Angeles.
The driver, who will be charged with assault with a deadly weapon, also broadsided an SUV at New England and Washington. He then continued to strike other vehicles in the Exposition Park area, hitting at least a dozen vehicles in all.
He then got out of the vehicle at Vermont and 43rd Street and ran through the street with a satchel, until he fell. Police were then able to apprehend him.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds