Ohio cop struck while deploying spike strips
The officer was listed in good condition after a break-in suspect hit him in his attempt to lay the strip down
By Mary Beth Lane
The Columbus Dispatch
DANVILLE, Ohio — Business break-ins led to a police pursuit in Knox County that injured a Danville police officer when he was struck by the fleeing suspect's vehicle yesterday morning.
The chase ended when the suspect crashed his vehicle into a parked car while being pursued by officers in Centerburg in Knox County, near the Delaware County line.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ohio cop struck while deploying spike strips
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms