Ohio cop struck while deploying spike strips
The officer was listed in good condition after a break-in suspect hit him in his attempt to lay the strip down
By Mary Beth Lane
The Columbus Dispatch
DANVILLE, Ohio — Business break-ins led to a police pursuit in Knox County that injured a Danville police officer when he was struck by the fleeing suspect's vehicle yesterday morning.
The chase ended when the suspect crashed his vehicle into a parked car while being pursued by officers in Centerburg in Knox County, near the Delaware County line.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ohio cop struck while deploying spike strips
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'