Video: SUV fleeing SC police veers off bridge
The officer exits his vehicle and peers over the bridge onto railroad tracks below where the SUV landed
By David Dykes
GREENVILLE, S.C. — A dash cam video shows a Highway Patrol trooper pursued a Lexus SUV in Greenville County at speeds that reached 85 mph just after midnight in June before the SUV veered onto a railroad bridge, crashed through a railing and fell onto railroad tracks below.
“We’re traveling 85 miles an hour,” the trooper told dispatchers. The video then shows the Lexus veering left and crashing through a wooden guard rail. On the video, the vehicle disappears from view.
The trooper immediately calls for help and can be seen, with a flashlight, running to the bridge’s edge and peering down toward the railroad tracks. Authorities identified the driver as Josiah Terry, 22, of Easley. The SUV’s driver was killed and two passengers were injured.
Full Story: Dashcam video shows fatal pursuit in Upstate
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert