Ex-pro wrestler arrested in fatal stabbing
Brian McGhee, better known as "The Future" Donovan Ruddick, stabbed a woman to death then crashed his vehicle fleeing police
TAMPA, Florida — Authorities say a former professional wrestler faces murder charges in the stabbing death of a woman at a Florida apartment complex.
Sheriff's officials say the woman was stabbed Wednesday night and the suspect fled. Twenty-nine-year-old Brian McGhee's vehicle was spotted in Tampa and authorities began pursuing him.
Authorities say McGhee crashed his vehicle late Wednesday during the pursuit. The woman died of multiple stab wounds early Thursday.
As a wrestler, McGhee went by the moniker "The Future" Donovan Ruddick. He worked for World Wrestling Entertainment from 2010 to 2012.
McGhee was taken to a Tampa hospital after the crash.
A photo of what appears to be a bleeding arm or leg was posted Wednesday night to a Facebook page under McGhee's name.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Edged Weapons
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend