Video: Fla. pursuit ends with deadly crash
The suspect shot two women in a domestic dispute, crashed into a vehicle, killing the driver, then shot himself
By PoliceOne Staff
MIAMI — Miami police were pursuing a man fleeing in his vehicle after a report Wednesday morning of a shooting that injured two women.
Antonio Feliu, 48, shot his ex-girlfriend and her daughter, and both women were airlifted to the hospital, according to CBS News.
Feliu then fled, dodging traffic as sped down the highway until he T-boned another car at an intersection. The driver of the other vehicle was identified as Maritza Medina, 48. She died at the scene.
As police approached the suspect’s car, they heard gunfire and retreated, according to the report. SWAT team members arrived at the scene and approached the vehicle, and found the man dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help