Burglary suspect falls through ceiling in Calif.
He was hopping across roofs fleeing police after robbing a bank
SAN FRANCISCO — San Francisco police have arrested a suspected bank burglar after he fell through the ceiling of an apartment and into someone's bedroom.
Police responded to an attempted burglary at the bank around 3:45 a.m. Friday. Police Chief Greg Suhr says the suspect got into the bank through a ventilation shaft, but was spotted by officers as he left.
KPIX-TV reports the roughly 230-pound suspect was then seen jumping between rooftops. He was taken into custody after crashing through an apartment ceiling.
The man hasn't been identified, but Suhr says he lives in the neighborhood.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Bizarre Beat
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert