Cop hurt after trapped in suspect's wrecked car
The suspect crashed into two trees, flipping his car, all while the officer was inside
By PoliceOne Staff
CINCINNATI — An Ohio State trooper was injured after a suspect took off with the trooper in the car and crashed the vehicle.
Trooper Brad Hess asked 22-year-old Dimitri Harvill to step out of his vehicle to smell marijuana, according to WLWT. Hess got into the vehicle to inspect it, and when he exited the car, Harvill got back in and hit the gas.
Hess managed to quickly get back in the vehicle in an effort to make the suspect stop.
The vehicle soon went off the road, hitting two trees and overturning.
Harvill then took off on foot, leaving Hess hurt and trapped in the crushed vehicle.
Hess was taken to the hospital for minor injuries and was later released, according to the report.
Harvill remains at large.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests