Video: Suspects fleeing Tenn. police clip cruiser, crash
Both suspects are still recovering after crashing their getaway vehicle
By Justin Hanson
TIPTON COUNTY, Tenn. — The Mason, Tennessee police chief is releasing what he calls a "wild" police chase video from over the weekend.
Late Saturday night, Mason police officers received a call that Tennessee Highway Patrol was involved in a chase with a suspect on Highway 70 through Stanton, heading westbound toward Mason.
Officer Justin Fitzgibbon was heading east of the city limits to assist when he noticed the car coming up behind him. He rushed to clear traffic in the oncoming lane. As the video from Fitzgibbon's dash cam shows, the car at the center of the chase tried to pass Fitzgibbon when it clipped the front of his police car.
Full Story: 'Wild' suspect chase video released by police
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Actor Tom Hanks is on the beat, flagging car for police