Video: Man leaps out of vehicle during Texas pursuit
Dashcam video from several different officers in a pursuit shows the driver of an SUV drive against oncoming traffic and leap from a moving vehicle
By Ben Russel
GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas — On Jan. 30, a Grand Prairie police officer in a high prostitution area spotted the driver of a sport utility vehicle stop in the middle of the road on the 1600 block of Dalworth Street and watched a female approach and jump in the vehicle, according to a police report of the incident.
Believing that he had witnessed a prostitution offense, the officer attempted to stop the driver, according to police.
Dashcam video from several different police officers involved in the pursuit that followed showed the driver of the SUV drive against oncoming traffic on Loop 12 within the Dallas city limits, and on Interstate 30 in Grand Prairie as he approached the Six Flags Drive exit for Arlington. The chase ended when the driver turned and drove the wrong way in the northbound service road of the George Bush Turnpike at I-30 and leaped from his still-moving truck and ran away.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Alaska police fatally shoot armed man holding hostages
- PD removes 'Blue Lives Matter,' Punisher car decals after criticism
- Police: Some Chicago gangs turning to rifles for added firepower
- Report: Hiring standards may be lowered to meet Border Patrol staffing goal
- Retired CHP sergeant dies while protecting friend from robber