NJ driver flees traffic stop with cop in car
Officer entered the car through the driver's side door and tried to stop suspect, who then drove off with the officer still in the vehicle
FLORENCE, N.J. — A man who allegedly fled from a traffic stop in southern New Jersey with a police officer inside his car in facing numerous charges.
Florence police tell the Burlington County Times that 19-year-old Randy Eno Mase of Wilmington, Delaware was stopped early Saturday for speeding.
When officers started speaking with Mase, they say he tried to drive off. An officer then entered the car through the driver's side door and tried to stop him, but Mase drove off with the officer still in the vehicle.
A short time later, the officer was able to stop the vehicle.
Mase faces numerous charges, including aggravated assault, eluding and drug charges. He also faces several motor vehicle citations.
A telephone number for Masse could not be located Sunday.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy