Video: Motorcycle driver arrested after pursuit posted to PD's Facebook
April 4 pursuit reached speeds of up to 115 miles per hour
MAULDIN, S.C. — An Upstate man has been charged after officials say he posted a video online of himself running from police on a motorcycle.
Derek Kellett, 26, of Mauldin is charged with failure to stop for blue lights, disregarding a traffic control device and five counts of reckless driving. The five charges stem from different videos posted to the YouTube user account “RiderLifeStyle.”
Police say the chase happened on April 4 and reached speeds of up to 115 miles-per-hour. Police suspended the chase because it got too dangerous for traffic. Investigators say they received a tip on social media that prompted the arrest. They said someone posted the video to the Mauldin Police Department Facebook page.
Full Story: Mauldin Motorcycle Chase Video Leads To Arrest
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform