Video: NY cops subdue suicidal armed robber after gun jams
As police approached, the man held the gun to his head before pointing it at officers
By PoliceOne Staff
NEW YORK — Cell phone video captured the tense final moments of a foot pursuit of two robbers in New York Sunday.
The New York post reports police engaged in a foot pursuit after two suspects robbed a 33-year-old man of $1,000 in cash.
While police arrested one of the men, the other emerged from underneath a vehicle and aimed his weapon at police. One of the officers fired, but missed, and police began to pursue the suspect.
Police found the suspect in an alley with severe injuries to his leg. The man had leapt into the alley from a wall above.
As police approached, the man held the gun to his head before pointing it at officers.
Police did not open fire after seeing that the gunman’s weapon was jammed. He was subdued and transported to a hospital for his leg injuries.
The names of the suspects have not been released. Charges are pending.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert