Video: Drunk driver 'celebrates' after slamming into house during pursuit
The damage caused by the man's rampage is estimated to be upward of $100K
By PoliceOne Staff
OREM, Utah — Dash cam video has been released of a high-speed pursuit in Utah Sunday.
The Daily Herald reports police responded to calls of a hit-and-run after 21-year-old Jackson Todd Hansen crashed into a homeowner’s fence and damaged their yard.
Police began to pursue Hansen after he failed to pull over as police initiated a traffic stop.
Hansen reached speeds of up to 100 mph, running a traffic light at some point during the pursuit.
The incident ended after Hansen’s vehicle careened into a home. As seen in the video, Hansen claps and waves his hands in the air as if he’s celebrating after the crash.
Police took Hansen into custody and charged him with evading police, DUI with possible drugs and alcohol, lack of insurance and driving with a suspended license, according to the report.
The homeowners nor Hansen were injured in the incident. The damage caused by the rampage is estimated to be upward of $100,000.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert