Fla. man sleeping at intersection leads police on pursuit
Twenty-one-year-old Joslet Jean-Charles was asleep behind the wheel at a busy intersection when police found him
GREENACRES, Fla. — A man found sleeping in his car at an intersection led police on a chase before being arrested in a Greenacres gated community.
Twenty-one-year-old Joslet Jean-Charles was asleep behind the wheel at a busy intersection around 9:30 p.m. Thursday. Police received several calls about the 2003 Ford Taurus.
Police pulled a patrol car in front of Jean-Charles, who awoke, put his car in reverse, drove around the police car and fled. He abandoned the vehicle at the gate of a development.
Police did not initially find Jean-Charles, but arrested him at an address found on a bill inside the car.
He was charged with fleeing and alluding, operating without a license, resisting arrest and a probation violation. He remains in Palm Beach County Jail on $7,000 bail.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help