Fla. man sleeping at intersection leads police on pursuit
Twenty-one-year-old Joslet Jean-Charles was asleep behind the wheel at a busy intersection when police found him
GREENACRES, Fla. — A man found sleeping in his car at an intersection led police on a chase before being arrested in a Greenacres gated community.
Twenty-one-year-old Joslet Jean-Charles was asleep behind the wheel at a busy intersection around 9:30 p.m. Thursday. Police received several calls about the 2003 Ford Taurus.
Police pulled a patrol car in front of Jean-Charles, who awoke, put his car in reverse, drove around the police car and fled. He abandoned the vehicle at the gate of a development.
Police did not initially find Jean-Charles, but arrested him at an address found on a bill inside the car.
He was charged with fleeing and alluding, operating without a license, resisting arrest and a probation violation. He remains in Palm Beach County Jail on $7,000 bail.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Bizarre Beat
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend