Calif. woman steals police car, pursuit ensues
22-year-old Felicitas Flores was booked into jail on counts including auto theft and drunk driving
SAN DIEGO — A woman stole a San Diego Police patrol car then led authorities on a freeway chase for about 40 miles before she was arrested.
No one was hurt in the incident, which began shortly before midnight Friday.
Police say 22-year-old Felicitas Flores was booked into jail on counts including auto theft and drunk driving.
Police said she was able to steal the parked car because the keys were inside, and the officer who drove it was out of sight.
The pursuit began after motorists on Interstate 5 reported a police car driving erratically. Speeds reached as high as 90 mph.
The chase ended after the woman pulled into a rest stop north of Oceanside and rammed the car of an officer trying to arrest her.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform