Car strikes deer, ending Ore. police chase
KLAMATH FALLS, Ore.- A police chase came to an abrupt end when the suspect's car struck a deer, Klamath County Sheriff Tim Evinger said. Sheriff's deputies arrested Videll A. Hicks, 57, of Chiloquin after she passed semi-trucks in a no-passing zone before dawn Sunday, Evinger said.
Hicks, who was driving a Chrysler LeBaron on Highway 97, failed to yield to lights and a siren. She continued driving to Lakeport Boulevard before hitting a deer near the Jeld-Wen plant.
"She had no explanation of why she did not stop," Evinger said, adding that the deer was later killed in a humane manner.
Hicks faces charges of eluding a police officer in a vehicle and by foot and resisting arrest. She was being held in lieu of $15,000 bail.
Evinger said alcohol did not appear to be a factor.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman