Car strikes deer, ending Ore. police chase
KLAMATH FALLS, Ore.- A police chase came to an abrupt end when the suspect's car struck a deer, Klamath County Sheriff Tim Evinger said. Sheriff's deputies arrested Videll A. Hicks, 57, of Chiloquin after she passed semi-trucks in a no-passing zone before dawn Sunday, Evinger said.
Hicks, who was driving a Chrysler LeBaron on Highway 97, failed to yield to lights and a siren. She continued driving to Lakeport Boulevard before hitting a deer near the Jeld-Wen plant.
"She had no explanation of why she did not stop," Evinger said, adding that the deer was later killed in a humane manner.
Hicks faces charges of eluding a police officer in a vehicle and by foot and resisting arrest. She was being held in lieu of $15,000 bail.
Evinger said alcohol did not appear to be a factor.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help