LAPD probing death of man in custody after fight with officers
By Jessica Garrison and Richard Winton, Times Staff Writers
Los Angeles Times
The Los Angeles Police Department is investigating the circumstances involving the death of a 31-year-old man who collapsed at the Hollenbeck police station after a fight with officers.
Mauricio Cornejo was pronounced dead Saturday evening, hours after he was arrested following a foot chase near the Ramona Gardens housing project in Boyle Heights.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help