Md. deputies to use 'blue boxes' on handcuffs
Read P-1's 10 Tips for safe prisoner escort
By JOSH MITCHELL
The Baltimore Sun (Maryland)
The county sheriff's office has purchased two dozen "blue boxes" -- plastic-and-metal devices placed over handcuff chains to restrict wrist movement -- in response to the Jan. 24 escape of Terrence Kasses Washington.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Md. deputies to use 'blue boxes' on handcuffs
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform