Md. deputies to use 'blue boxes' on handcuffs
Read P-1's 10 Tips for safe prisoner escort
By JOSH MITCHELL
The Baltimore Sun (Maryland)
The county sheriff's office has purchased two dozen "blue boxes" -- plastic-and-metal devices placed over handcuff chains to restrict wrist movement -- in response to the Jan. 24 escape of Terrence Kasses Washington.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Md. deputies to use 'blue boxes' on handcuffs
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman