Md. deputies to use 'blue boxes' on handcuffs
Read P-1's 10 Tips for safe prisoner escort
By JOSH MITCHELL
The Baltimore Sun (Maryland)
The county sheriff's office has purchased two dozen "blue boxes" -- plastic-and-metal devices placed over handcuff chains to restrict wrist movement -- in response to the Jan. 24 escape of Terrence Kasses Washington.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Md. deputies to use 'blue boxes' on handcuffs
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help