Tex: Handcuffed woman stole, crashed deputy's car
Austin American-Statesman (Texas)
Better tactics for transporting prisoners by Chuck Remsberg
Related Story: Handcuffed Theft Suspect Slips Out of Patrol Car While Deputies Question Another Man
AUSTIN, Tex. - A woman is in jail after officials say she stole a sheriff's deputy's car and drove it at speeds exceeding 130 mph before crashing it into a fence in East Austin.
Candice Marie Asdahl, 23, is charged with unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, evading arrest, escape from custody—all felonies—and a misdemeanor charge of failing to stop and give information after an accident.
Other charges might be made, officials said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house