Tenn. prisoner escapes from police car through window
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. A prisoner left in a police officer's car escaped through an open window this morning and is believed to be on the loose in downtown Knoxville.
The officer left Daniels handcuffed in the back seat while he went inside the city courthouse to get a warrant signed.
Police believe Daniels slipped his handcuffed hands in front of him and escaped through an open window in the car.
Police said Daniels has no history of violence.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Prisoner Transport
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds