Calif. police car flips over during interstate pursuit
Bay City News Service
A Hayward police officer is being treated for minor injuries this morning after the officer's car flipped during a pursuit on Interstate Highway 880.
Police spotted a vehicle at 2:40 a.m. on Tennyson Road that had been involved in an earlier burglary and attempted car theft, according to police.
The officer pulled the vehicle over but when the officer approached the car, described only as a black Buick, the driver sped off. The officer ran back to his vehicle and chased after the Buick onto northbound Interstate Highway 880, police said...
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help