Handcuffed suspect drives off with Ottawa police car
OTTAWA, Ontario — A man who was being detained in an Ottawa police cruiser during a theft investigation has been re-arrested after he stole the car and drove away, police say.
The 38-year-old man had charges for theft over $5,000, dangerous operation of a motor vehicle, disqualified operation of a motor vehicle and failure to stop for police added to a string of other counts after he was taken into custody for the second time on Tuesday afternoon, Ottawa police Staff Sgt. Don Sweet said Wednesday.
The other charges against him include two counts of theft under $5,000.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police