Handcuffed man shoots at Calif. officers
SUISUN CITY, Calif. — Suisun City Police Department officials are investigating circumstances that led a handcuffed suspect to fire a gun at officers.
Late Friday morning police said two officers pulled 25-year-old John Bueno over for an alleged moving violation on the 1400 block of Pelican Way. Chief of Police Ed Dadisho said Bueno was uncooperative with the officers, forcing them to push Bueno to the ground during a weapons search. Dadisho said the officers believe that sent a gun hidden in Bueno's groin area down his pant leg.
"So when officers picked him up and walked him to the car, their feeling was that he had already been searched in those areas," Dadisho said. After Bueno was handcuffed with his hands behind his back, an officer put Bueno in a patrol car. While inside, Bueno managed to bring his hands in front of him and grab his gun.
"When the gun was pointed at the officer, the officer moved out of the way, but he still had contact with the suspect. As soon as the shot went off, the officer pulled the suspect to the ground," Dadisho said.
Read full story: Handcuffed man shoots at officers
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'